Monday, August 8, 2011

Going on a Trip to Pennsylvania

We are getting ready to go on vacation to Pennsylvania.  It is about a 10 hour drive.  The kids have asked Alex and Adrien to go with us so they could see what the mountains are like.  My kids love it in the mountains.  We have got alot to do in the 6 days we will be gone.  Our first stop is in French Lick, Indiana at the Big Splash Adventure, an indoor water park.  Then when we get to Pennsylvania we plan on going to Idlewild Park (an amusement park) and to a drive in theater, ski resort and to a Steelers Football Training Camp.  And trying to cram in some time visiting the very large family I have there.

I found some old pictures of previous trips.This is the ski resort that I practically grew up in, Seven Springs Mountain Resort.  Both my grandparents who raised me worked there and I usually went along with them to work.  It was only 8 miles from our house.  I had my first job here. 

Nic

Nic and Megan with the ski lift and the mountains behind them.

The ski lodge with the slopes in the background
At my grandma's house, this is Amanda (our cousin) and Megan and Nic on the 4-wheeler
The ski resort again in the summer.  What looks like paths on the mountain is actually an APLINE SLIDE.  Its where you get in a sled and ride down the curved concrete path.  The kids love it.  And you have to ride the ski lift to the top of the mountain to ride it.
Here is another pic of the Alpide Side from the ski lift.
The ski resort (view from the ski lift)
Nic and Megan at the ski resort
At my grandma's house...that is Gerald her new husband, they had only been married about a year in this pic and my grandma and Jason.
This is my cousin's pool, we like to go to her house and swim when we go to visit.
Megan and her cousin Amanda
Nic getting ready to jump in

The next pictures are at IDLEWILD PARK in Pennsylvania.  It is a great amusement park, especially for the little ones.  They also have lots of big kids rides, I just don't guess I got any pictures of them.

Megan and Nic crossing a bridge
and Megan, Nic and Jason climbing the net
Swinging on a rope
Pulling themselves with a rope across water

in the ball pit
At Storybook forest....you walk around and visit all the children's nursary rhymes.
I cannot remember what nursary rhyme this is...you can't see it,but on the water behind the boat are the 3 men in the tub (rub a dub dub)
the sword in the stone, Nic trying to pull the sword out
Humpy Dumpty
Raggity Ann and Andy
Megan riding the cars
Nic riding the cars
Some of the family from Pennsylvania when they came out to Illinois to visit us.  Megan, Nic, Aunt Marlene, Malia, Hunter (cousin), Uncle Rick and Nathan (cousin). 

No comments: