Thursday, July 28, 2011

Malia 15 month check up



Malia had her 15 month check up today and she is now up to 27 lbs. and 31 1/2 inches long.  She was 95% on weight and 70% on height.  The doctor also mentioned that her head circumfrence was a little bit bigger than he would like to see.... If you all who were friends with me through the pregnancy with Malia can remember the ULTRASOUND SCARE, that there was something wrong with the brain, so they had me come back for another ultrasound ,  when I went back for the 2nd (out of 9 ultrasounds done), they said everything looked ok.  But I cannot help but to freak out...............

The doctor asked if I had any concerns about her and I said that my only concern was that Malia had trouble keeping her balance sometimes, and she was walking around the room and he noticed that her left foot was turned out a little bit, but thought that it is something that will correct itself as she grows.  HOW COME I NEVER NOTICED THIS.... Boy did Malia have a lot of stories to tell the doctor...if we only knew what she was trying to say.  Every once in a while you would here a word in her babbling.  She also started to spin around in circles in the doctors office and he said that was very impressive and she should not be able to do that at her age. 

While I am on the subject of Malia...the other day she was playing with the pots and pans in the kitchen as I was cooking supper, when I went to grab something across the kitchen I stepped on a pizza pan and did a split and smacked my back into the corner of the wall (and if that wasn't bad enough, as I was falling I grabbed the freezer door handle and almost pulled the fridge down on top of me.........BUT I remained calm and did not scream the entire time this was all happening BUT Malia sensed the fear or something, cause she ran as hard as she could to me and screamed MOMMA MOMMA, and grabbed my neck and would not let go. 

No comments: