Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Elsie (Bernetha) Coffman.....

Elsie (Bernetha) Coffman, I knew her as Aunt Bernetha (my great aunt).  She passed away this week at 101 years old. 

She was one of 14 children (my grandmother being the baby of the 14).  She was married twice and widowed twice.  She had 2 daughters.  She was an outstanding baker and quilter.  She traveled extensively and took a trip to Hawaii and while on a cruise ship between the islands and california she celebrated her 95th birthday.  She lived life to the fullest and was always in a cheerful mood.  She was sister to my grandmother Evadell (my dad's mother), but she was also best friend to my grandmother Hazel (my mom's mother).   She was always full of stories and could remember everything.  Most of her siblings have all lived a very full live.  Her oldest brother Clifford passed away at age 100.  And although her sister (my grandmother Evadell) has dimensia, she is in very good health at age 87.

She will be greatly missed.

No comments: