Friday, September 23, 2011

Liam comes for a visit . . . Malia's new words

A friend of our was needing someone to watch her son, Liam, so we got to have a baby in our house once again . . . . . .  a least for the day.  We have no plans of having any more children, but I have to admit, the idea crossed my mind with Liam around the house.  Liam was such a good baby and Malia enjoyed it, but at first was very jealous of the attention he was getting.

Liam and Malia.  She sat by him and talked to him.


And after I picked Liam up, she went into the playroom, grabbed a doll and teddy bear, and put them in the bouncer and tried to give them her sippy cup.  It was so cute.
Nic chilling with Liam.  He is so good with all little ones.
Megan with Liam.  She was so mad cause right after school she had softball practice and missed getting to spend time with Liam. 
 Malia was almost weened off the bottle until seeing Liam with his bottle and she cried and cried for baba.  Here she is with a baba in one hand and a sucker in the other.
 Malia was trying to give Liam her baba, cause it was time to eat her sucker again.
 Sisterly love.

Malia is amazing me every day.  Someone gave her a cracker today and she said "tank you".  Last weekend we went to Alex's football game and Adrien had some m & m's and Malia wanted one, and I think he asked her if she wanted one and she was shaking her head and said "yeah".  Little stinker . . . .  she won't say "yes" for us.  We were also amazed she could chew them up.  She was just trying to lift something up a while ago and had trouble and said "help".  And we have always counted to 3 when doing things, like 1,2,3 (throw the ball), and last night I started to count before pouring water on her hair in the bath tub and I said 1 and she said 2.  And she picked up the ducky in the bath tub and she said "duck".  I am still amazed she is only 17 months. 
I always say to Malia "love you baby" and a couple of days ago Malia said it to me. lol.  Which she shortly followed by "oh crap".  Can't imagine where she would have heard that . . . . lol.  And I have occasionally heard "shoot" out of her mouth.