Monday, December 19, 2011

Nice break from sports comes to an end. . . . . .

Megan decided that she did not want to play JV or Varsity Basketball, so that was ok with us to have a break after she was on 3 softball teams this summer (city league, traveling team and school team), and Nic had baseball and soccer.

Now Megan has decided to go out for the 6th grade basketball team and Upward Basketball (which is a church basketball league for K-6th).

I don't mind the kids playing sports, in fact, I rather enjoy it.  I grew up in the mountains of Pennsylvania with my grandparents and it was a 20 mile drive one way to school down off the mountains, so I was not allowed to participate in sports, because of the drive. 

When Basketball is over we go right back into Softball and Baseball in April.

Today we found out that Megan made the 6th grade basketball team.  They had scheduled 2 tryouts and added a 3rd night of tryouts because of the huge number of girls to try out.  We waited all weekend to find out if she made the team and this morning she texted me from school to say she made the team.